So, here goes, 10 things that you might not know about me:
1. I love Old English Sheepdogs. You probably already know this about me but the question is how did that come about? When I was 5 years old, there was a local tv show that came to our school for interviews. It was Valentines Day and they picked a boy and a girl for the interview. They happened to pick me and one of the questions that they asked was: "What would you like most in the world?" My answer was a dog. They asked what kind of dog. I said either an Old English Sheepdog or a St. Bernard. Of course, they printed this in the paper the next day. My dad is a retired teacher and at the time all the other teachers gave him such harassment for not getting me a dog. This was the first time that I had ever mentioned that I wanted a dog, you know 5 year olds! We looked for either one of those dogs and it was very hard to find at that time. We finally found a 1 year old, Old English Sheepdog. Her name was Chelsea and the owner needed to find a home for her. We went to get her and the rest is history. She was the most wonderful, sweetest dog that a child could ever have. She used to walk to the school to visit us. My dad taught at the school that I attended so she could visit me, my brother and my dad. She was a great dog!
Picture of me when I was about 4 or 5.
2. I am a huge Phoenix Suns fan (NBA). This is how Carrie Nelson from Miss Rosie's Quilt Co and I became friends. The first thing I asked her when I met her was did she like the Suns? (She lives in the Phoenix area.) She said yes and that was it, we were instant friends.
Steve Nash, our basketball hero.
Holly and I out for dinner before the game with our Steve Nash jerseys on.
3. I like to listen to hard rock music. (I know, I don't look like I would but I do :)
4. I'm a girlie girl. I love to wear makeup, do my hair, get my nails done and wear pink. I don't like to dig in the garden and hate bugs.
5. I have a huge sweet tooth. If I had a choice between sweets and salty, sweets all the way. My favorite is home made apple pie but almost anything sweet will do!
6. Fall is my favorite time of year. It's sunny, cool and no more stifling heat. I love to take the dogs for a walk and see all the beautiful colors.
Woodstock Garden in Ireland
Cliffs of Moher in Ireland.8. I'm a home-body. I love to be home with my husband and dogs. Yes, I love to travel but when I'm in town, I am always striving to get home. I love to hang out, sew and be with my gang.
10. I'm superstitious. I think it comes from my mom's side of the family. My Nanny used to tell us when things were bad luck. Dropping a glove and picking it up with the wrong hand, cutting your nails on Friday and Sunday, the number 13... I know that it's crazy but I still watch those things.
Don't forget to leave a comment and enter to win a copy of Fat Quarter Winners and a set of my rulers: Fit to be Square, Fit to be Geese and Mini Fit to be Geese. Winners will be announced next week.
Thanks for stopping by and make sure that you go by Thelma's blog tomorrow.