Well, it's finally here and ready to go. The Fit to be Quarter rulers are in my "warehouse" aka our garage, the printing came and they are ready to go. I'm so excited that it is finally ready! The ruler is designed to trim quarter-square triangles, combination units and square up quilt blocks but I've found it to be a multi-purpose ruler. I've used it to trim 1/2 square triangles too. It is 9 1/2" x 9 1/2". Let me show you how it works with quarter-square triangles.
1. Quarter Square Triangles:
1. Start with 2 squares 1" larger than the unfinished size of your quarter-square triangle or hourglass block. I want a 4" unfinished square so I cut my light and dark 5" x 5". On the back of the light square, draw a diagonal line from corner to corner. Sew 1/4" from both sides of the line.
2. Cut on the line and press towards the dark. Rotate one piece and place it, right sides together on the other piece. Make sure that the light is on the dark and the dark is on the light.
3. Draw a diagonal line on one of the pieces, bisecting the seam. Sew 1/4" from the drawn line.
4. Cut on the line and press the pieces in one direction. You get two quarter-square triangles.
5. Using the Fit to be Quarter, line up the two diagonal lines so the two lines cross on the 2" at the center of the block. Also, watch to make sure that the diagonal lines on the top left are at 4" and the bottom right are at 4". Trim the two sides.
6. Rotate the piece and line up the 4" lines on the edges that you just cut. Trim the two remaining sides. There you go, perfect quarter-square triangles!
Black Pearl can be made using the Fit to be Quarter ruler for the center of the block.
If you want to order your Fit to be Quarter ruler, it's now on my website. Remember, I will be at Quilt Market from May 11th-May 16th so order will not go out until after the 17th. (I need a day to recoup and get things ready to send out!)
So now that it's finally here, I decided to do a give-away of the ruler. Not one but two rulers!! All you have to do is leave a comment on your favorite quilt tool. You have until Sunday, May 15th to comment. I will announce the winner on Tuesday, the 17th.
Thanks for stopping by!